Any Brand New fans in the house? I've been listening to a lot of acoustic covers on Spotify lately, so I thought I would share my acoustic playlist with y'all. Do you know of any amazing acoustic versions I should add to it?
I spent a good chunk of the afternoon searching through Pins trying to gather inspiration and ideas for re-decorating our master bedroom. The bedroom currently has one lime green accent wall while the other three walls are a light gray. I love the color of the walls, just not too much what's going on in the room. We sort of have a black, white, and green theme... but I'd like to really add some contrast. I'm loving the harsh black and white patterns against the green accent color. Now, to find some black and white striped pillow cases...
Before you start reading these Friday letters, you should know that I saw Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, and Casey James in concert on Tuesday and I haven't been able to think about anything else since then. #bestnightever
Dear T. Swift, you put on a freaking fantastic concert. I was literally more excited than some of the twelve year old girls wearing red tutus, red lipstick, and t-shirts with ironed-on lyrics. Dear Ed Sheeran, you are a musical genius. How the heck do you stand on a stage without a band and create that sound by yourself? How? Magic? Pure genius. Dear Casey James, you were a surprise, to say the least. I actually had no idea you were opening before Ed Sheeran, but I didn't hate it. All I want to know, is how you kept your hair looking flawless in this Kansas humidity. Because my hair looked like a giant frizzy disaster. Half curly, half straight. It didn't know who it wanted to be. Tell me your secrets.
I was tagged by the lovely Kailyn to do the Five Things post! So, here we go.
Five things I have a passion for
1. Family. I feel so lucky to have an amazing, supportive family and close circle of friends. I would do anything and everything for them. They truly are a support system.
2. Art & Design. I mean, I guess this is a good thing, since it's what I went to school for and what I plan to do the rest of my life. But, honestly, art and design just calms me down and allows me to unwind from the stresses in life.
3. Music. This also comes from schooling. I played the viola in school from middle school to high school and still pick it up every now and then.
4. Learning. Yes, I'm one of those people. I was a total teacher's pet in school, always did the homework, always did the summer reading. I just think it's amazing what our brains have the capability of doing. (OK, if I'm being completely honest, I slacked off a lot in college. But, mainly because I had a few horrible teachers that didn't push me to be better).
5. Cupcakes. I had to have a non-serious one in here, it was starting to get a little too deep.
Five things I'd like to do before I die
1. Children. I don't know when, I know that I'm not ready just yet, but I would love to have kids at some point in my life.
2. France. Being an art student in college means you get to take a ton of art history classes. Sometimes you take really boring art history classes (I'm talking about my contemporary art class here. Hated it. Almost never went to class. Pretty sure the teacher hated me), but sometimes you get to take two semesters of renaissance art history classes. And, just to visit France and see some of my favorite pieces in person would be so incredible.
3. Disneyworld / Disneyland. Yes, can you believe that I've never been to either one? I was deprived from all things good as a child.
4. Go back to Hawaii. This actually might happen next summer. We went to Maui for our honeymoon, and I want to go back so. bad.
5. Do something amazing. I sort of ran out of ideas.
Five books or magazines I've read lately
1. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
2. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
3. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Dear internet, are you supposed to capitalize the "i" in internet still? Or is it like "www" and we can just ignore that now? Or the "-" in email? Wait, this isn't where I wanted to go with this. Let's start over. Dear internet, I like you. I especially like the fact that you allowed me to stream six straight hours of TV yesterday. Which brings me to... Dear ABC, thank you for airing a little show called, Revenge. Am I obsessed, or what? Actually, my obsession with Revenge is leading to some really intense dreams. And, daydreams. Plus, whenever I'm Google searching, it somehow becomes this really intense search, like I'm searching for information to use in my plot of revenge. I've also found myself saying the words, sabotage and revengenda a lot in daily conversations. Dear blog, I'm glad you are back in my life.